According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air can be 2 to 5 times more polluted than outside air. They also rank indoor air pollutants among the top 5 environmental risks to public health.
If you might be wondering why the indoor air would be so polluted, here are a few reasons:
- Newer buildings are constructed to be airtight to reduce energy costs. This leads to no fresh air circulation and only the bad air recirculating within the building.
- Mold, fungi and other pathogens are circulated through the ventilation system turning a few isolated cases of flu into an epidemic in the building.
You might experience health effects from air pollutants soon after exposure or even years later. You could experience immediate effects such as irritation of eyes, nose, and throat, dizziness and fatigue. Long-term health effects could even be asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
Regular carpet cleaning can often help improve indoor air quality. Carpets tend to accumulate dust, dirt, grime, and disease-causing microorganisms which then get circulated into the indoor by the HVAC, which could lead to short-term as well long-term illness.
Benefits of Regular Carpet Cleaning
Regular carpet cleaning performed by a professional cleaning company such as Service Master Elite Cleaning Service offers many benefits such as:
- Regular cleaning reduces the buildup of dust mites, dirt, and microbes. This reduces the number of air pollutants circulating within the building and helps improve the indoor air quality.
- A long term effect of regular cleaning is also that it keeps the carpet fibers from breaking down. When the carpet fibers are broken down, they are far more susceptible to trapping dirt and grime.
- Regular professional carpet cleaning also helps extend the lifespan of your carpets.
- A clean carpet also enhances the overall appearance of your office and helps your business give a great first impression.
Our professionals at Service Master Elite Cleaning Service possess the right training, expertise, and equipment to clean and service your commercial facility. We strive to achieve the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene. Contact us today for a consultation.