A commercial facility should ideally be a clean and safe environment for employees as well as visitors. Restrooms make up for a very essential part of any workplace. It is important for restrooms to be thoroughly cleaned at regular intervals. An unclean restroom doesn’t only give a terrible first impression but can also be harmful to the health of your employees and visitors.
A clean and disinfected restroom helps prevent the spread of infection-causing germs such as Salmonella, E. Coli and Norovirus. Also, when employees get sick, it can also affect their productivity and the overall company bottom line.
Developing Commercial Restroom Cleaning Checklist
It is important to have set protocols and regularly scheduled maintenance of restrooms in any commercial facility. While the frequency as well as specific cleaning needs, there should be certain cleaning jobs that should be performed on a daily, weekly as well as monthly basis.
- Clean and sanitize toilets and urinals
- Monitor trash bins and empty them when full
- Wipe down sinks and counters
- Disinfect and empty feminine hygiene dispensers and line with new liners
- Paper dispensers and dryers should be inspected to make sure they are working
- Restock and refill soap dispensers, toilet paper dispensers, and paper towel dispensers.
- Sweep floor and mop making sure to clean behind toilets and doors as well.
- Disinfect door handles and stall locks
- Clean mirrors
- Wipe down stall doors, cabinets, and any other hardware
- Dust surfaces including light fixtures
- Clean windows
- Make sure there are no leaking faucets or toilets
- Make sure the drains are not clogged.
- Walls should be cleaned and wiped down.
- Deep clean floors and scrub any tile and grout.
- Dust and clean baseboards, trims and tops of doors.
- Clean any overhead fixtures such as exhaust vent, ceiling fans, and lighting fixtures.
Our professionals at Service Master Elite Cleaning Service believe that developing and following a cleaning checklist makes for a more efficient and thorough cleaning process and helps them achieve the highest customer satisfaction. If your Greater New Orleans area business is in need of effective janitorial service, contact us today for a consultation.