Because time is everything with water damage restoration, ServiceMaster Elite Cleaning Services of New Orleans is on call around the clock. In most cases, we can be at your site within two hours.
Our trained restoration technicians use advanced procedures and equipment for the highest level of cleaning performance and protection for property and furnishings. The ServiceMaster Elite Cleaning Services water recovery process includes:
Phase 1: Emergency Response
Job Site Inspection and Assessment
Phase 2: Water Removal and Drying Daily Inspection of Job Progress
Phase 3: Reinstallation and Cleaning, if necessary
Our trained technicians will explain the recovery process and provide a comprehensive water recovery guide outlining the ServiceMaster Elite Cleaning Services steps and the homeowner’s responsibilities.
Follow the steps below to help keep the damage to a minimum:
What To Do
- Damage from water and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call for professional help.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached. Do not attempt to start removing your wall-to-wall carpet.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying, and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Do not remove books from shelves. Rather pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closet, and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
What Not To Do
- Do not enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.